1). Valid Colorado Teaching License- Elementary Education or Middle School Endorsement or:
Teacher must be highly qualified in applicable content area through the following options:
- Endorsement on a Colorado Teaching License,
- Passing score on a State Board of Education approved content exam,
- Be eligible for Alternative Licensing Program in content area.
2). Employee must complete a fingerprint-based criminal background check.
Elementary Teacher Job Description:
Responsible for instructing students by creating lesson plans in subjects such as reading, writing, math, social studies, and social and emotional learning.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among the students.
- Observe and evaluate students' performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
- Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
- Instruct students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods such as lectures, discussions, and demonstrations.
- Assign and grade class work and homework.
- Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their children's progress, and to determine their priorities for their children and their resource needs.
How to apply
Positions: Fulltime 5th grade
Starting salary range: $36,000 - $42,200 depending on experience and education
For application and information, please visit: https://www.lakegeorgecharterschool.com/contact
Please email: [email protected]