The part-time Leopard Care Program Assistant is responsible for supporting the Director in planning and implementing a quality before and after-school care program that adheres to the Lincoln Academy Handbook and Jeffco handbook while providing a safe and developmentally appropriate program in accordance with all relevant state and local legislation, policies and procedures. The Program Assistant will respect students, parents, and co-workers and ensure that equipment and facilities are clean, safe, and well-maintained.
Essential Functions of the Program Assistant:
- Assist in the development and implementation of a developmentally appropriate program for students, including but not limited to the following:
- Plan and implement activities to meet the physical, emotional, intellectual, and social needs of the students in the program
- Ensure equipment and the facility are clean, well maintained, and safe at all times
- Implement policies and procedures, including acceptable disciplinary policies as established by the director
- Supervise students in the program including, but not limited to the following:
- Ensure students are supervised at all times and within state ratios
- Establish routines and provide positive guidance
- Implement positive discipline when required
- Clearly and effectively communicate in a manner that students understand
- Integrate special needs students positively and respectfully
- Communicate with parents and community members in a respectful and caring manner.
Education and Experience
Previous experience with working with groups of children preferred.
Training in child development education, teaching in or equivalent early childhood programs/elementary education programs, and evidence of successful experiences preferred.
Licenses and Other Requirements
Must complete the requirements established by CDHS as a Program Leader
Background check, CBI and FBI fingerprint clearance, pre-employment
Lincoln Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not make hiring decisions based on age, race, gender, religion, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our Human Resources Department.
How to apply
Email the items requested below to Brenda Guenther, [email protected]