Job Title: 2nd-5th Grade French Teacher
World Compass Academy seeks faculty and staff who love children and teaching. All candidates should be committed to exemplifying a culture of respect and enthusiasm for learning. World Compass Academy employs only the best. All employees are held to the highest professional standards. Teachers are expected to help their students achieve measurable growth.
All faculty and staff of World Compass Academy must have a deep, focused alignment with the mission of the school. Following are the beliefs upon which the school bases its culture, and a shared understanding of these benefits is essential.
Every child deserves a challenging individualized education.
Great teachers who engage and inspire are essential for academic excellence.
A safe and positive school culture is essential to learning.
- High expectations are necessary for academic success; students will perform to meet the level of expectation set by the staff, in both academic classes and with regard to behavior.
- Data drives decisions. Decisions about the classroom and the school are informed by the actual student achievement data, not theories or anecdotes.
We are preparing students to engage in the global community.
To plan and implement immersion language instruction. The teacher will provide instruction in math and also lead thematic vocabulary units, spending approximately 2.5 hours in kindergarten daily. This position will also provide enrichment foreign language instruction for 45 minutes daily in fourth grade and 60 minutes daily in middle school.
- Build Relationships
- Deliver Quality Instruction
- Manage a Classroom
The teacher is the facilitator of learning and responsible for the students during the entire school day. Teachers are held accountable for preparing engaging inspiring lessons that support the World Compass Academy curriculum, maintaining a positive classroom culture and ensuring student safety. Teachers are responsible for supporting student success through the monitoring of student progress, maintenance of accurate records, and the MTSS process. Teachers are responsible for facilitating a strong home/school connection through weekly email newsletters, the maintenance of a classroom website, and other activities which build rapport and trust between the parent and teacher.
Essential functions of the job may include but are not limited to the following:
- Plan and prepare lessons daily lessons
- Create Unit Plans using a backwards planning methodology
- Clearly communicate daily lesson objectives
- Challenge students to access the higher levels of Bloom’s taxonomy through inquiry learning and student projects
- Assess student progress and growth using both formal and informal assessment
- Establish procedure and rules to maintain order and effective classroom management
- Maintain accurate student performance records
- Communicate with parents: respond to emails, create and send a weekly e-newsletter, maintain a classroom website
- Collaborate with a team to ensure student success and create a positive culture
- Effectively implement and adhere to individual student learning plans
- B.A./B.S. degree in education and/or Spanish Language or a related field
- Teaching License
- Teaching Experience Preferred
- World Compass Academy seeks faculty and staff who love children and teaching. All candidates should be committed to exemplifying a culture of respect and enthusiasm for learning. World Compass Academy employs only the best. All employees are held to the highest professional standards. Teachers are expected to help their students achieve measurable growth
Why Work at World Compass Academy?
1. Positive Work Environment: At WCA, you are surrounded by committed educators who love teaching. We only want teachers who love to teach.
2. Mastery Based Learning: The mastery based learning system delineates clear exit skills for each level. Students with knowledge/skill gaps aren’t just pushed through a system. Students are grouped for math and language arts based on skill level, allowing teachers to cater instruction more effectively.
3. Employees are Valued: The World Compass Academy Board operates under the firm belief that the right faculty and staff are a school's most valuable resource. We are firmly committed to recruiting, supporting, and retaining the best teachers and staff members.
4. Solid Curriculum that Works: Every piece of the World Compass Academy Curriculum has been proven effective.
It is the policy of WCA not to discriminate against any applicant for employment or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion or veteran status.
Job Types: Full-Time
Salary: Prorated Full Time Salary $39,000 to $55,000.00 /year dependent upon years of teaching experience
How to apply
Please visit World Compass Academy Employment Page to apply for a position at our school.