This year’s EXPANDED Leadership Summit will bring together charter school leaders from across the state to spend the day discussing relevant charter school topics. At this year's summit the League will present four general sessions, one each day and two on Wednesday. We'll be presenting all sessions virtually from Monday to Wednesday, October 5-7, 2020 live, online through the League’s new learning platform. We invite you to join us to build knowledge, skill and connectivity around Legislative Policy, Advocacy, Instruction, Funding, Leadership, HR, and continued adaptation to new learning structures.
NEW this year, we are adding convenings for regional groups of charter schools to congregate and discuss challenges in their part of Colorado. This is a great opportunity to learn about current needs at the schools across the state both geographical and model-specific. We're looking forward to senior staff at each school to join the convenings to continue to build relationships.
The event will take place October 5-7, 2020, and The League will be recording all sessions for all ticket holders to watch during or after the event. The Leadership Summit brings together over 200 school leaders and business managers to build knowledge, skill and connectivity around Legislative Policy, Facilities, Fundraising, Marketing, and Governance.
- Navigating Policy and Advocacy
- Leading Through Equity and Inclusivity
- Redesigned Education
- Success Despite Budgetary Limitations
- Launching New Schools With Today's Challenges
- Marketing & Enrollment in the Digital Age
[View all session here]
Schedule Each Day
- Session 1 | 7:00 AM - 8:15 AM
- General Sessions | 8:30 AM - 9:15 AM
- Virtual Exhibit Hall Open | 9:30 AM - 2:00 PM
- Session 2 | 9:30 AM - 10:45 AM
- Session 3 | 11:00 AM - 12:15 PM
- Session 4 | 12:30 PM - 1:45 PM
- Session 5 | 2:00 PM - 3:15 PM
- Regional Convenings | 3:30 PM - 4:30 PM
General Sessions | 8:30 AM - 9:15 AM
- General Session | Monday, October 5
- National Education Outlook of Charter Schools Panel | Tuesday, October 6
Dr. Howard Fuller will be joining us at the Leadership Summit. Dr. Fuller has dedicated his life to creating better educational opportunities for all children, and you will not want to miss the knowledge he has to share.
Dr. Fuller will join a panel with Myrna Castrejón, President and Chief Executive Officer, California Charter Schools Association, Mike Petrilli, president of the Thomas B. Fordham Institute, and moderator Todd Ziebarth, senior vice president for state advocacy and support for the National Alliance for Public Charter Schools.
Myrna Castrejón, President and CEO, California Charter Schools Association. As the leader of CCSA, Myrna Castrejón has managed the membership organization representing California's public charter schools since January 2019.
Mike Petrilli, president, Thomas B. Fordham Institute. Mike Petrilli is president of the Thomas B. Fordham Institute, research fellow at Stanford University's Hoover Institution, executive editor of Education Next, and a Distinguished Senior Fellow for Education Commission of the States.
Todd Ziebarth, senior vice president for state advocacy and support, National Alliance for Public Charter Schools. In this role, he leads the National Alliance's work to improve state charter school laws. Todd has helped numerous states enact laws to better support high-quality public charter schools.
Attend this panel on Tuesday, October 6th at 8:30 AM - 9:15 AM.
- General Session | Wednesday, October 7
- Accelerated by Design: Addressing Foundation & Extension
- Branding Your School
- Expect the Worst: Using Creative Flexibility & Contingency Planning When Designing Your School
- Understanding Charter Law & Self-Advocacy when Launching a School, Especially During a Crisis
- Uncertain and Unclear Times: Leading in the NOW
- Engaging Lessons Across Learning Environments
- Four C's of Marketing
- Funding Sources for Your Facility Project
- Leading Your School Equitably and Inclusively Through Board & Leader Partnership
- Local Politics Matter
- Maximize Time, Maximize Impact
- PANEL: Guidance from the Accidental Experts: How to Launch a School During a Pandemic
- Realistic Budgeting with Contingency Plans for Your Future Facilities Project
- Diverse, Equitable and Inclusive Leadership in the Presence of Pandemics and Systemic Racism
NEW this year, we are adding convenings for regional groups of charter schools to congregate and discuss challenges in their part of Colorado. This is a great opportunity to learn about current needs at the schools across the state geographically. Session 6 | 3:30 PM - 4:30 PM
- Northern Colorado
- Greater Metro
- Southern Colorado
- Rural / Out State
Interested in sponsoring the Leadership Summit? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to explore sponsorship opportunities. View sponsorship opportunities.
Thank you to our sponsors!
Interested in exhibiting at the Leadership Summit? Contact email@example.com to explore opportunities. View exhibitor opportunities.
Thank you exhibitors!
Hollis + Miller
Cross Country Education - Healthcare
Charter Law Group
All Copy Products
Specialized Public Finance
Make Philanthropy Work