CO Health Foundation: Funding Resources (032520)
Wednesday, March 25, 2020
Posted by: Peter Mason
We understand Colorado’s nonprofits are experiencing immense strain from the far-reaching economic and social impacts of the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis. We also recognize the acute need for immediate, flexible funding as staffers tirelessly serve on the front lines.
Our grantees and partners are helping us understand the critical needs emerging from communities disproportionately impacted by COVID-19. We are identifying a variety of ways to ensure nonprofits across the state have what they need to respond.
Available Statewide Funding
Currently, the Foundation has contributed to two statewide emergency funding efforts:
- The Foundation has pledged $700,000 to the Colorado COVID Relief Fund, joining Gov. Polis and funders across the state, to provide emergency funding for community-based organizations working to support unmet prevention, impact and recovery needs. Led by an executive committee of leaders from the government, business, nonprofit and philanthropic sectors, including our president and CEO, Karen McNeil-Miller, the Fund’s application is expected to open in the coming days. Sign up to receive an email when the application is available.
- The Foundation has also pledged $550,000 to the COVID-19 Emergency Hunger Relief Fund, which will provide flexible resources to entities working to support the food and nutritional needs of communities at greater risk of the economic consequences of the outbreak. The Fund strengthens work already happening in Colorado communities and increases the capacity of local organizations to respond to emerging needs. Funding may be used to cover operating costs, including food, staff, packaging, safety supplies, food transportation, client communications, etc. Learn more and apply.
- A number of other funds have been established across the state and can be accessed on the Philanthropy Colorado website.
We’ve compiled a variety of resources to help Colorado-based nonprofits and funders navigate the rapidly evolving context and business implications of this crisis:
- Resource webpage organized in the following categories: Emergency Funding, Government Response, Crisis Communications Aids, Business Operations Aids, and Equity and Justice (Population- and Issue-Specific Resources)
- FAQs for our grantees organized in the following categories: Flexibility for Current Grant Funds, Milestones and Reporting for Current Grants, Impacts on Grant Applications, and Emergency Response Funding and Other Resources
Nonprofit Sabbatical Program Update
- The Foundation has extended the application deadline for the Nonprofit Sabbatical Program to Monday, June 1. Our technical assistance provider, Brian Kellaway with Nonprofit Finance Fund, is available to provide support to interested applicants. Questions? Contact Brian by email or by phone at 617-204-9772 ext. 303.
Thank you for the critical work you’re doing to keep Coloradans healthy during this unprecedented, and equally challenging, time. If you have feedback or questions, please contact us.
We’re in this together.
In good health,
President and CEO