Global Village Academy is an innovative charter school. Students learn core content through language immersion in their choice of French Spanish, or Mandarin. GVA is truly a "global village." Our immersion teachers come from all over the world, each bringing their unique culture and language into the classroom. United by a common core, students are challenged to become world class thinkers, capable of engaging ideas using multiple languages and cross-cultural perspectives, through internationally benchmarked curriculum spanning each language village.
Performs regular teacher's class plan for Spanish while the teacher is absent, and provides a safe and effective learning environment. THERE ARE NO GUARANTEED HOURS/WEEK FOR THESE ROLES.
- Reports to Front Desk/Administrative Assistant upon arrival at school
- Maintains classroom routines
- Assumes the responsibilities of the classroom teacher for regular classroom teacher using teacher's lesson plans and school curriculum
- Oversees student behavior during in-class time and other activities
- Maintains appropriate records
- Follows school policies and procedures that regular teachers are subject to
- Be able to operate a remote classroom setting for students as needed.
- Understand Teacher Support Technology (ie. Google Classroom, Zoom, Infinite Campus, etc)
- Communicates with the regular teacher and school administration
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Understanding of Remote Instruction and Technology (preferred).
- A "Substitute Teacher Authorization" from the Colorado Department of Education preferred.
This description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
How to apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.