The New America School, a charter high school located in Lakewood seeks a bilingual English/Spanish, Post-secondary Success Coordinator. Prior high school counselor experience is highly desirable. Position is full time. Monday through Friday. Candidate will be working at an alternative charter High School in the Charter School Institute serving a predominately ESL population and at-risk learners. Must be a team player, love kids, and be dedicated to assisting our school community. The position will be for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College or University
- 3 years related professional experience
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn planning, implementing, and directing after-school programs and understanding ingredients of a successful program
- Knowledge of community resources and how to form collaborative relationships
- Organizational and project management skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- · Teaching experience
- · Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- · Experience working with high-risk high school students
- · Cultural competency; appreciation, embracing and valuing of diversity
- · Knowledge about the metro-Denver region and the target population.
Reports To: Principal
1. Facilitating credit accumulation towards graduation, organizing quarter-long Friday School classes, a month-long summer school program in June, and coordinating the school's online credit recovery program.
2. Facilitating post secondary and workforce readiness, organizing FAFSA nights, college visits, ICAP completion, and internship programs.
3. Coordinating school assessments
- Full time during academic year and summer school
- Coordinator works after-school and during summer on post-secondary success activities.
- Hours will be arranged upon hire
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $42,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift - Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Thornton, CO 80229: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Work Location: In person