Academy 360 is a Health and Wellness Public DPS Charter School in Montbello that serves ECE-3 through 5th grade, eventually expanding to serve cradle to career. At Academy 360, we are driven by the mission to develop students’ minds, bodies, and character so they may lead healthy and fulfilling lives in school, college, and beyond. In our small learning community, our vision is to set a new precedent for what a school offers its community. We believe our relationship with our students is the most powerful tool we have as educators. Relationships is the #1 driver in our community (students, staff, and families) and is at the heart of everything we do. Read about the A360 experience here.
Love Math and combing through data? Keep reading! Over the next two years, the school has set two aggressive Math targets relative to proficiency and growth; this position is critical and vital to the school meeting its goals. The Math Instructional Coach at Academy 360 provides effective services to help students succeed academically, socially, behaviorally, and emotionally.
This position reports to the Academic Director and could be part-time, full-time, or hourly. Given the right candidate, this position has school leadership potential.
Primary Role & Responsibilities at Academy 360
- Coaching of Kindergarten teacher as well as 1G-5G Math Specialist (the latter being responsible for vertical alignment);
- Apply knowledge of foundational mathematical concepts to facilitate small group instruction to promote student growth;
- Assist Academic Director and Math Specialist with data collection and progress monitoring analysis.
- Masters Degree in Math, Curriculum Design & Instruction or comparable;
- Professional teaching license;
- At least 2 years of explicit Math instruction;
- At least 2 years of experience leading other teachers to achieve strong academic results with historically underachieving students
- Experience working with adult learners, coaching teachers, and delivering professional development.
- Ability to build relationships and work with individuals from diverse backgrounds;
- A track record of results and data-driven mindset;
- Meticulous attention to detail and passion for organized, well-run processes;
- Previous experience with systems-level education work preferred;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Computer proficiency: Word, Excel, Google Suite, website, social media and systems navigation;
- Salary range is $70,000-$80,000, plus a comprehensive benefits package including a $4,500 employer contribution to medical, dental, and vision insurance. The school also offers life insurance, mental health support, and full month paid maternity/paternity leave. The ideal person will begin as soon as possible.
Academy 360 is inclusive of people regardless of their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, marital status, age, physical abilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs or any other non-merit fact, so that all employees feel included, equally valued and supported. Academy360 seeks to recruit persons of diverse backgrounds and support the retention and advancement of diverse persons within the organization.
To Apply: Please visit www.Academy-360.org to learn more about Academy 360 and send resume and cover letter to [email protected].