Kindergarten through 8th-grade public charter school
New Vision Charter School is seeking teachers who share our commitment to helping students achieve excellence in and out of the classroom. We strive to provide students with an academically rigorous, content-rich, Core Knowledge curriculum in an environment where character is modeled and promoted.
SUMMARY: Instruct middle school students in ELA courses in coordination with the current curriculum and within the framework of NVCS and state content standards. Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work cooperatively with students, parents, and staff required. Working knowledge of classroom management strategies, best practices, and students’ learning styles and needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Teaches appropriate, grade-level, standards-based Core Knowledge curriculum
- Ability to integrate technology into the curriculum.
- Develop course content, format, structure, and schedule
- Plan, organize, and implement classroom materials and curriculum
- Prepare lesson plans and activities, deliver instruction
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs and interests
- Instruct students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods such as lectures, discussions, and demonstrations
- Prepare, administer, and grade tests and assignments to evaluate students’ progress
- Communicate with students, families, and colleagues concerning student academic and behavioral progress
- Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by law, policy, and administrative regulations in a timely and confidential manner
- Collect data on individual student achievement
- Ability to work effectively with administrators, colleagues, office staff, students, parents, and the community.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to take responsibility for decisions made and actions taken
- Seeks advice as necessary when making decisions
- Commitment to the school mission and vision
- Familiarity and comfort with modern technology
- Willingness to commit the time and effort to achieve success
- Model and instruct positive character traits
Must possess a valid Colorado Substitute Authorization (1, 3, or 5-year) or Teaching License (To see if you qualify for a Substitute Authorization, follow this link: CDE Sub Information.
Are you a teacher who:
- Builds a classroom culture where challenge is expected and valued?
- Exhibits high expectations in lesson planning and delivery?
- Explicitly shares your high expectations and provides the structure and resources to support learners?
- Collaborates, flexes, stretches, and adapts to work effectively with all staff and students?
- Displays a growth mindset about personal and professional challenges?
- Plans meaningful ways to teach concepts so that all learners are challenged?
- Believes that excellent outcomes are possible for all students?
If these ideals excite and motivate you, we want to hear from you!
New Vision Charter School Mission Statement
Our mission is to challenge, encourage, and empower students every day to persevere on their journey to becoming lifelong learners.
How to Apply: Certified Positions
To apply, please fill out the online application and submit the following:
- a letter of interest
- current resume
- three letters of reference
- copy of college transcript(s)
- copy of current CDE Teacher Certification/License
The 2023-24 Licensed Substitute School Year Pay:
Range of $170 to $250 per full day depending on teaching experience. This position does not receive benefits.
SAFETY TO SELF AND OTHERS:
- To safely perform this position, you must familiarize yourself with the safety rules of your job and participate in all safety training provided by your department. You must wear personal protective equipment whenever required, ask for assistance if the task requires more than one person, and if you’re unsure how to perform a task safely, stop and ask your supervisor for instruction before continuing.
- All employees of the NVCS are responsible for maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and ensuring that safety precautions and practices are followed.
- We expect you to immediately report any unsafe working conditions or safety problems to your supervisor. Until corrective action is taken, be sure that the area or condition is restricted and that cautionary devices are in place so that others are not affected or injured.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
NVCS shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices based on race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age marital status, or disability. The Executive Director is committed to cultural diversity among NVCS personnel as a means of enriching educational experience. NVCS shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of the activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Contact Pat Sweat: [email protected]