Global Village Academy is an innovative charter school. Students learn core content both through English and language immersion in their choice of French, Spanish, Mandarin, or Russian (depending on the school). GVA is truly a "global village." Our immersion teachers come from all over the world, each bringing their unique culture and language into the classroom. United by a common core, students are challenged to become world class thinkers, capable of engaging ideas using multiple languages and cross-cultural perspectives, through internationally bench-marked curriculum spanning each language village.
Essential Duties and Professional Responsibilities:
- Plan and instruct English literacy and other core classes for K-5th.
- Help students read fluently, comprehend what they are reading and train them in phonetics, spelling, grammar, vocabulary and writing.
- Plan developmentally appropriate lessons based on different genres.
- Use data analysis to monitor student achievement.
- Collaborate with other teachers including immersion teachers to ensure instruction is always meeting the needs of all learners.
- Demonstrate sound professional teaching and class management skills to facilitate learning.
- Use oral and written language skills accurately and effectively.
- Maintain accurate records of student academic and behavioral progress, attendance, test scores and personal information.
- Carry out daily formal and informal assessments of student achievement.
- Integrate the assessments to design appropriate lesson planning and effective teaching strategies to accommodate diverse student needs and learning styles.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of student, family and colleague information to be a role model of respectful behavior at all times.
- Support the mission and curriculum of the school.
- Demonstrate motivation and enthusiasm with a genuine passion for teaching young learners.
- Facilitate children's physical, cognitive and social and emotional learning through lessons designed to sequentially develop skills appropriate to their ability and confidence levels.
- Provide engaging, fun, and effective instruction that helps all students develop competence and confidence simultaneously through a balance of acquiring basic skills and developing conceptual understanding.
- Teach knowledge and skills in social studies education, utilizing curriculum and other appropriate learning activities.
- Provide maximum participation for all students; differentiate as needed to ensure all students experience success.
- Analyze, demonstrate, and explain basic skills, knowledge and strategies of games and fundamentals of body movement.
- Observes, evaluates, reports and records students' performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Monitor, supervise, coordinate and enforce rule of conduct and behavior for assigned students, and reinforce positive student behaviors in accordance with school and authorizing district policy.
- Communicates with parents or guardians, teachers, counselors, and administrators to resolve students' behavioral and academic problems.
Teacher/Student Relationship Responsibilities:
- Provides students with adequate feedback.
- Teach problem solving skills that lead to peaceful conflict resolution.
- Encourage students to strive for high achievement.
- Manage behavior problems on an individual basis.
- Help students develop positive self-concepts.
- Maintain excellent communications with parents throughout the school year.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
- Must possess a Bachelor's Degree or higher.
- PLACE or PRAXIS Certification in Elementary Education preferred.
- Background, training endorsement and/or certification in English and/or Early Childhood Literacy is preferred.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Regular attendance is required for this position.
Global Village Academy shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or any other characteristic prohibited by law. GVA is committed to cultural diversity among school personnel as a means of enriching the educational experience. GVA shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
RELOCATION IS NOT PROVIDED FOR THIS POSITION.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.