Academy 360 is a Health and Wellness Public DPS Charter School in Montbello that serves ECE-3 through 5th grade, eventually expanding to serve cradle to career. At Academy 360, we are driven by the mission to develop students’ minds, bodies, and character so they may lead healthy and fulfilling lives in school, college, and beyond. Our vision is to set a new precedent for what a school offers its community.
We are currently seeking a full-time Early Childhood Lead Teacher for the 2023-2024 school year. This position is great for a candidate that has yet to lead their own classroom as you will co-lead a classroom through January 2024, then take over a maternity leave vacancy through the end of the school year. This position reports to the ECE PD and Coaching Manager and is formally evaluated by the Director of Academics.
- Outstanding communicator and relationship builder;
- Early Childhood Teacher qualified in the State of CO and enrolled (or interested in enrolling) in college courses OR BA/MA in Early Childhood Education OR BA/MA in an unrelated field with field with a minimum of 30 credits in ECE OR a current Teaching License with an endorsement in EIEd, ECE, or SpED;
- Demonstrated teaching skills, as displayed by a minimum of 2 years of experience in the classroom;
- Demonstrated professionalism and ability to use appropriate communication and management skills, including: timeliness, coaching for TAs, and flexibility;
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, lead, and model exemplary instructional practices, including play;
- Ability to respond quickly and appropriately during emergency situations;
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors during all seasons and weather conditions;
- Teaching Early Childhood is a physically demanding job with frequent standing, walking, squatting, bending, sitting on the floor and in small chairs, PLAYING, running, lifting, and reaching.
- Lead and implement rigorous academic teaching and interventions, including data driven instruction;
- Organizes classroom environment to support top ECERS-R (Early Childhood Environment Rating Scale-Revised) and CLASS ratings and creates a welcoming and warm environment for all students and their families;
- Maintains a portfolio of children’s growth and assessments using the Teaching Strategies GOLD (district mandated three times a year);
- Prepare educational lesson plans and materials, and explicitly teach social emotional and play skills through daily morning meetings or crew blocks, literacy, and play grounded in the following curricula: The Creative Curriculum, Little Justice Leaders, Conscious Discipline, and the Zones of Regulation;
- Provide all students with age appropriate support to develop competence and confidence according to state level standards;
- Create and implement explicit routines and procedures for students to develop consistency and safety;
- Provide a firm and loving presence, including building relationships with students and families;
- Ensure the implementation and maintenance of Colorado Child Care Licensing requirements and Academy 360 policies, procedures, and standards;
- Provide direction and leadership to classroom staff;
- Lead a classroom of up to 20 preschoolers ages 3-5;
- Work as a team to complete parent/teacher conference and home visits;
- Encourage and support family involvement in the classroom;
- Supervise the safety of the children in care;
- Supervise volunteers and student interns as applicable;
- Observes, evaluates, reports, and records students’ performance, behavior, social development,and physical health using the district mandated assessment, TS Gold every trimester;
- Attend weekly Professional Development Trainings (1hr per week);
- Complete MLE administration coursework as required by the Consent Decree (if not previously completed);
- Complete 15hr of PDIS (Colorado Shines Professional Development Information System) trainings per year.
Staff receives the following benefits and perks:
- Engage in passionate, rigorous instructional coaching cycles with scheduled observations, feedback, and supports from the Academic Director and an assigned teaching peer;
- Achieve a high trajectory of educator growth through tailored professional development opportunities in alignment with instructional goals, including a retreat in the mountains;
- Collaborate in a learning environment with generous amounts of planning time, including more autonomy to meet deadlines and expectations;
- Participate in an 8-10 day Academy 360 Summer Institute; new staff members receive two additional days of onboarding to learn the “A360 Way”;
- Contribute to a strong culture within a small staff community committed to valuing the human capital brought by all staff members and where people genuinely enjoy working with one another;
- Be a change agent in the school that is a national model and touchstone for health and wellness focused education, developing whole children so they may realize their unique academic and personal potential;
- Work in the “beautiful mountain” neighborhood of Montbello in Denver, geographically nestled between Central Park, Park Hill, Aurora, Commerce City, and Green Valley Ranch.