Union Colony Schools involve students in educational experiences that prepare them to excel in college or other post-secondary educational endeavors.
Our mission at Union Colony Schools is to offer a K-12 educational program that recognizes and attends to the many unique needs of all students. The Union Colony community promotes integrity, growth mindset, life-long learning, compassion, the development of good citizenship, and we foster academic skills by providing all students with rigorous instruction. Students are then empowered to reach their full potential intellectually, socially, emotionally, and physically.
Under the direct supervision of the School Principal, to provide a wide variety of complex and confidential administrative and secretarial support to the Principal and school staff, while ensuring efficient and effective school operations. The Front Office employee is responsible for building relationships and the overall support for staff, students, principal, assistant principal, and the school community.
- Composes routine documents (agendas, minutes, newsletters, event programs, bulletins, reports, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information to school personnel, students, parents, the public, and others.
- Maintains calendar of school events for the purpose of coordinating and scheduling school activities.
- Monitors daily absences
- Maintains list of current substitutes and may coordinate coverage for unfilled positions, maintaining positive relationships with substitutes
- Assists subs to find assignments/lesson plans
- Assists visitors to the office, including students, parents, substitutes teachers, maintenance workers and others
- Process incoming mail for the purpose of sorting items in terms of importance and known priorities; send outgoing mail.
- Responds to inquiries (including telephone calls) from students, parents and employees, providing information, facilitating communication among parties and/or providing direction.
- Provides guidance and training to office staff/student aides.
- Maintains open enrollment processes, to include all aspects of student enrollment and registration
- Acts as administrative assistant to the school Principal and/or Assistant Principal
Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the Front office and school operations.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Supervision & Technical Responsibilities: This position does not supervise other employees
Equipment: Uses standard office equipment such as personal computer, copy machine, fax machine, telephone.
Travel Requirements: None
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bilingual skills preferred
- First Aid or CPR training
- Flexibility and excellent public relations skills
- Excellent record keeping abilities
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Ability to problem-solve job-related issues.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to process paperwork accurately according to standardized procedures.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, employees and others, financial information, etc.
- Organizational, scheduling, and time management skills.
- Knowledge of office management procedures.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
- Works in standard office and school building environments.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time with numerous distractions.
- Occasional lifting of up to 30 pounds.
- Regular attendance is required for this position.
- High School diploma or GED
- Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Union Colony Schools shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. Union Colony is committed to cultural diversity among school personnel as a means of enriching educational experience. The School shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.