Academic Services Package: Novice Teacher Focus
Hosted by the Colorado League of Charter Schools
Professional development is most effective when spread out over time. These cohorts and workshops are being offered as a bundle for a discounted rate. They will take place over the school year providing attendees time for reflection and application. The multi-day cohorts and workshops will engage you in relevant content, provide you the opportunity to build a network of peers, and positively impact your professional skill set. Each of the trainings in the bundle are available in our PD calendar for the regular membership rate if you are unable to participate in all of them.
Three-day Series | Back to Basics Cohort: Standards, Lesson Planning, Differentiation, Technology, and Classroom Management
Dates: Wednesday, August 19, September 25, and Monday, October 28
Time: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Description: The Back to Basics Cohort will provide new or novice teachers with the essential tools they need in their first three years for success.
Session One- Unpacking standards, lesson planning and writing objectives that align to standards
Session Two - Differentiation through tiered lesson plans and differentiated instructional strategies
Session Three-3 - Use of technology, classroom management strategies, and parent communication
Time will be allotted during each session for teacher application.
Three-day Series | Classroom Management: Using CHAMPS and Common Sense
Dates: Monday, October 21, November 18, and December 16
Time: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Description: Teachers want their students to be orderly, responsive, engaged, and motivated.
Professional development in CHAMPS and Common Sense will help teachers:
- Improve classroom behavior (on-task, work completion, cooperation)
- Establish clear classroom behavior expectations with logical and fair responses to misbehavior
- Motivate students to put forth their best efforts (perseverance and pride in their work)
- Reduce misbehavior (disruptions, disrespect, non-compliance)
- Increase academic engagement, resulting in improved test scores
- Spend less time disciplining students and more time teaching them
- Feel empowered and happy to be in the classroom
- Develop a common language about behaviors among all staff
- Reduce staff burnout
Session One - What is CHAMPS? How do I start?
Session Two - Rules, Rewards, Consequences - best practices in fidelity and implementation
Session Three - Reteaching expectations and refining your plan
Materials included: CHAMPS book and teacher lesson planner
Package Price: $800
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations made on or before the registration deadline will be refunded in full. Unfortunately, cancellations made after the registration deadline will not be refunded.