Candidates running for school board positions were given the opportunity to complete a survey, asking about their views on charter schools in Colorado. Candidates were asked the following questions:
- Do you support a parent’s right to choose the public school they feel is the best fit for their child? Why or why not?
- Which of the following describes your familiarity with charter schools? (Select all that apply).
- Which of the following best describes your level of support or opposition toward charter schools in Colorado
- In your view, what role should charter schools play in providing parents and students choice in their public school options?
- In your view, do charter schools help improve educational opportunities for all public school students or do they negatively impact the educational opportunities for students in traditional public schools?
- Do you support the creation of more charter schools?
- What do you believe is the proper role for a school district and a district board of education to play in relation to the charter schools in their district?
- Do you believe districts have a responsibility to equitably include their charter schools in the distribution of local funds related to facilities (bonds) and operational expenses (mill levy overrides)? Why or why not?
- Please feel free to provide any additional comments or viewpoints regarding school choice and charter schools in the state of Colorado that you were not able to cover in your responses above.
Follow the links below to view the answers submitted by candidates in each school district: