|School Safety Advisory Committee (SSAC) Registration|
The Colorado League of Charter Schools is forming a School Safety Advisory Committee (SSAC) for the 2016-17 school year to help the 226 charter public schools in the state develop high-quality, Emergency Response Plans in compliance with the Colorado Safe Schools Act, section (4): "school response framework school safety, readiness, and incident management plan.”
The League will develop resources to improve the capacities of each Colorado charter public schools to effectively implement the "school response framework: school safety, readiness, and incident management plan.” To accomplish this goal, the League seeks to build partnerships with emergency response experts and district leaders willing to provide guidance and support in the creation of these resources.
As part of our initial launch, the League is hosting a five-part webinar series: The School Safety Plan.
In this volunteer role, School Safety Advisory Committee Members will be asked to:
• Advise on the content provided in each webinar.
• Meet bi-monthly at the League office in Denver or via video conference
(timeline may be adjusted as determined by member input).
• Any additional objectives will be determined by the SSAC itself, upon completion of the webinar series by June 30, 2016.
In return, School Safety Advisory Committee Members will:
• Be recognized at the 2017 Colorado Charter Schools Conference (February 2017).
• Be given complimentary admission to the 2017 Colorado Charter Schools Conference (February 2017).
• Be recognized on the Colorado League of Charter Schools’ website.• Be recognized via listing on each of the webinars in the 5-part webinar series.
Can we count on you to join us in guiding Colorado charter public schools to improve on-campus safety?
We appreciate your support in achieving safer schools statewide! Please register your participation below: