Skyview Academy Hosts Informational Tours, Student/Parent Night And Shadow Days
Monday, September 12, 2016
SKYVIEW ACADEMY HOSTS INFORMATIONAL TOURS,
STUDENT/PARENT NIGHT AND SHADOW DAYS
-- Recruitment for 2017-2018 School Year Underway --
Highlands Ranch, CO – September 8, 2016 - If you’re interested in learning more about SkyView Academy’s (SVA) curriculum, culture and how we work with our students on a daily basis to embody our vision of life-long learning and honorable leadership, we offer a variety of ways to visit our school to learn more. As a PK-12th grade tuition-free*, public charter school in Douglas County, we serve students as young as 3 years old in our curriculum-rich, hands-on preschool program through 18-year-old graduating seniors in an environment where students are known and cared for with academic and social support.
SkyView Academy understands the importance of providing prospective families an opportunity to visit our school and offers tours on a regular basis to provide general information about our curriculum and culture. Feel free to ask questions and get a glimpse into our classrooms where our best work happens daily. We offer tours for all of our programs from elementary through high school the first Wednesday of every month from September through May,with preschool tours offered on an individual basis.
- Elementary tours are offered at 9:00 a.m.
- Middle and high school tours begin at 9:30 a.m.
- For preschool tours please call Danielle Brown at 303-471-8439, ext. 331, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition, we recognize that high school students are more involved in the educational decision making process. We are offering a prospective student/parent night October 27th at 6:30 p.m., as well as student shadow days November 1st, 14th and 29th with both morning and afternoon options. Tour registration and shadow day registration is found on our website at http://skyviewacademy.org/.
“We truly value our time with prospective students and families so they can make their enrollment decisions with as much knowledge and information as possible,” said Richard Barrett, SkyView Academy Executive Director. “We are here to share the excellence of SkyView and do our best to provide a clear snapshot of our programs.”
SkyView Academy High School Snapshot
- Exemplary classical, college prep high school aligned with college preparation standards serving a maximum of 125 students per grade 9th-12th
- 100% graduation rate in our first 2 graduating classes
- $2.3 million in scholarships earned over 4 years by 45 graduates in 2016
- Sophomores and Juniors perform at or above the district, state, and national average on PSAT and ACT
- Competitive 3A Metro League athletic program
- Competitive science, band and drama programs
SkyView Academy Middle School Snapshot
- Rigorous academic program with the Core Knowledge sequence as the foundation
- Competitive athletic and outstanding fine arts programs
- Opportunities to explore new avenues of self-expression and service to the school and outside community
- 25:1 student teacher ratio with some classes averaging smaller
- 6th-grade students participate in Outdoor Education; 8th-grade students travel to Washington D.C. to bring their social studies curriculum to life
SkyView Academy Elementary School Snapshot
- Core Knowledge curriculum with well-aligned reading, writing, math and science programs
- Rotating specials program with computers, art, music and P.E. for all students
- Daily Spanish classes for all students
- Engaging teachers who care about and support our students
- Character program through Capturing Kids’ Hearts and service learning projects
- After school clubs and activities in music, arts, science and physical education
SkyView Academy Preschool Snapshot
- Core Knowledge curriculum including daily Spanish and P.E.
- Social and emotional development activities that teach preschoolers to learn a love and joy for learning
- Student/teacher ratio is 10:1 in the 3-year old classrooms and can be up to 12:1 in the 4-year-old classrooms
- Age-appropriate service opportunities
About SkyView Academy
Located in Highlands Ranch, Colorado, SkyView Academy is a tuition-free* PK-12 public charter school offering a research-based, content-rich, liberal arts program with a commitment to foreign language studies, character education, and community service. Founded in 2010, SkyView serves 1,375 PK-12 students. Our PK-8th grade Core Knowledge scope and sequence partners well with our 9-12th grade Classical College Preparatory approach to help prepare students for college and life. Faculty, staff, parents, and students are actively involved in a culture of high expectation and support where individuals are respected, valued and known by the content of their character. In building life-long leaders and honorable learners, our approach fits the desires of our scholars, thespians and 3A Metro League athletes who all compete and prepare for rigorous challenges in our state-of-the-art facilities. For more information on SkyView Academy Charter School or how to enroll your child, please visit SkyView Academy’s website at www.skyviewacademy.k12.co.us.
*SkyView Academy charges tuition for its full-day kindergarten and preschool programs.