Two-Day Workshop: Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS)
Formerly known as Response to Intervention
Hosted by the Colorado League of Charter Schools
Date: Thursday, April 27 - Friday, April 28
Time: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM each day
Location: Colorado League of Charter Schools Training Center, 4201 E. Yale Avenue, Denver
Cost: League Members: $350.00 for one person and $175.00 per additional attendee from the same school community; Non-members: $450.00 for one person and $175.00 per additional attendee
Description: MTSS is a comprehensive, student-centered assessment, systems, and intervention framework used to identify and support individual student academic or social emotional gaps and challenges. Attend this workshop to learn how to effectively select intervention strategies aligned with current evidence of student learning through a collaborative model that includes:
• Identifying, collecting and analyzing student data with a robust body of evidence
• Selecting instructional and social emotional Tier 1, 2, and 3 interventions aligned to appropriate skill gaps
• Monitoring student progress and setting appropriate goals
• Deepening your understanding of the principles of MTSS and best practices as shared through national researched-based practices and real time case scenarios
• Prioritizing an action plan that includes next steps for your team or individual toolbox and capacity
Rachael Gurian will lead this workshop on Multi-Tiered Systems of Support. Rachael has facilitated numerous Colorado League sponsored PD, presented at the League's annual conference, and has supported several charter schools as a school leader and partner across the Denver metropolitan area. She has also worked in Philadelphia, Baltimore, and San Diego as a school leader, teacher, and school counselor. Her highlights of work include successful on the ground models of MTSS in urban and rural areas across the country, specifically, targeting literacy and social emotional supports. Rachael currently works as a Special Education Associate Partner for 25 charter schools within Denver Public Schools. She is also a Diagnostic Reviewer for schools identified for school improvement according to the Colorado Department of Education.
Some of the content is provided by The Leadership and Learning Center.
Registration: Deadline: Tuesday, April 25. We have reached capacity for this event. Feel free to join the waitlist if you are interested and we will communicate any cancellations. This same training will be offered again on June 19 & 20. Registration is open.