Specially Designed Instruction in Literacy
This event has been cancelled. Please contact Nicole Grzybowski with any questions.
Hosted by the Colorado League of Charter Schools
Date: Wednesday, February 8
Time: 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Location: Colorado League of Charter Schools Training Center, 4201 E. Yale Avenue, Denver
Cost: League Members: $75 per person and $50 for each additional | Non-Members: $100 per person and $50 for each additional attendee
Description: Attend this workshop to understand the different cognitive processes of reading. Participants will be able to improve student achievement by implementing a continuous instructional inquiry cycle that includes:
• Teachers using various screeners to assess the different processes of reading.
• Teachers plotting and analyzing screening data to determine root cause gaps.
• Teachers triangulating data with other assessment and observational sources.
• Teachers prioritizing instruction through a problem solving process.
• Teachers implementing prioritized instruction and progress monitoring goals/objectives.
• Teachers reviewing progress monitoring and adjusting groupings and instructional plans.
In addition to gaining a deeper understanding of reading processes and building a stronger skill set in data-driven instruction, participants will learn instructional best practices and evidence-based programming options for specialized instruction in reading and writing.
Registration: Deadline: Friday, February 3.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations made on or before the registration deadline will be refunded in full. Unfortunately, cancellations made after the registration deadline will not be refunded.