“The ‘No-Maybe-Yes’ Years: Preparing for Parenting Tweens and Teens”
with Kim John Payne, author of Simplicity Parenting
Hosted by Mountain Phoenix Community School
Date: Wednesday, October 12
Time: 6:30 PM
Location: Wheat Ridge High School Auditorium, 9505 W. 32nd Avenue, Wheat Ridge
Cost: $15 for one guest | $25 for two guests (or pay what is meaningful)
Description: This presentation is designed to help parents who have tweenagers and teenagers and to prepare parents of younger children for the years ahead. It will
highlight issues affecting young people, between the ages of 8 and 18, and offer workable strategies for navigating what can be one of the most difficult periods for parents, teachers, and teenagers alike.
Some topics include:
- Navigating the squalls – The phases of adolescence and how these may be expressed and anticipated.
- Venus & Mars – The similarities and the differing needs of boys and girls.
- Coming of Age – Rethinking how to help the 12- to 14-year-old children prepare for a changing world.
- Threshold Issues – An overview of addictive tendencies and how to meet them in creative ways.
- “But they are my friends!” – The peer group and defining the roles played within it. How the can adult work with the peer group and not against it?
Kim John Payne is the author of the #1 best selling book, Simplicity Parenting. A consultant and trainer to over 200 North American independent and public schools, Kim has been a school counselor, adult educator, consultant, researcher, educator, and private family counselor for 28 years. He regularly gives keynote addresses at international conferences for educators, parents, and therapists and runs workshops and trainings around the world.
Registration: Click here for more information and to purchase tickets.
Click here to download event flier.