Child Sexual Abuse Prevention and Intervention Conference
Hosted by Colorado School Safety Resource Center
Date: Thursday, September 29
Time: 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM
Location: Adams 12 Conference Center,1500 E. 128th Avenue, Thornton
Cost: $50 per person.
Audience: Administrators, teachers, school safety teams, school/community mental health, law enforcement responsible for school safety.
- Adult Sexual Misconduct: Avoidance, Liability and Implications
- Investigations Group/Employment Matters — Title IX Compliance in K-12 schools
- Sexting, Prosecutorial Discretion and Policy Regarding Teen Misconduct
1. Safely Reintegrating Juveniles Who Have Committed Sex Offenses Back into the Classroom (Desiree Quintanilla, Asst. Dir., Intervention Services, Adams 12 Schools, Charlene Giggy, Adams County DHS)
2. Trafficking of Colorado Students (Maria Trujillo, Human Trafficking Program Manager, Division of Criminal Justice, Colorado Department of Public Safety)
3. Teaching in a Trauma-centered Classroom (Teresa Chavez, MSW, Child and Family Services Supervisor, Arapahoe County Human Services)
4. Sexual Abuse Prevention Panel (Kaiti Dinges, Jana’s Campaign, Coaching Boys Into Men; Liz Boeck, Voices Carry Children’s Advocacy Center, Safety
Smarts/Second Step Child Protection Unit; Paula Bragg, S.A.R.A., Inc., Safe Dates and Voices; Jan Isaacs-Henry, Kidpower)
Registration: Click here for more information and to register.