Charter School Boot Camp
Hosted by Colorado League of Charter Schools & CDE
Date: Thursday, April 7 - Friday April 8
Time: 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Location: Colorado School Districts Self Insurance Pool, 6857 S Spruce St, Englewood
Cost: $35 per day (fee includes coffee, lunch, and materials)
Description: As school accountability continues to rise in Colorado, there is a growing need to ensure charter planning teams are truly prepared to open and operate a school before they receive a charter or apply for the CCSP grant. Plan on joining this critical training which is designed to support planning teams, at all stages of application writing, in getting a clear picture of the realities of opening and operating a school, as well as, supporting teams in finding the gaps within their plan and team. This two-day workshop looks at various aspects of developing a charter school application, calling on expert presenters and providing supplemental resources to assist the charter school development team. The Charter School Boot Camp will play a key role toward the following goals:
• Identify promising strategies to promote charter school growth.
• Improve knowledge of and ability to navigate the charter school development and application process.
• Provide foundational concepts toward improved charter school leader effectiveness.
• Identify strategies for improved authorizer relations, feedback and review in the application process through interaction with a panel of authorizer.
• Learn from others successes and failures through a dialogue with a panel of previous new school developers.
The Colorado League of Charter Schools works closely with the Colorado Department of Education’s Schools of Choice unit through the organization and facilitation of the Charter School Boot Camp.
Registration Deadline: Friday, April 1