Montessori Applied to Children at Risk
A Seminar offered by the Shelton School, Dallas, TX
Hosted by Compass Montessori School Wheat Ridge/Golden, CO
Date: Friday, February 5 - Sunday, February 7
Time: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM Friday & Saturday; 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM Sunday
Location: Sheraton Denver West Hotel, 360 Union Boulevard, Lakewood, CO 80228
Cost: $400 includes light breakfast, light snacks, and lunch
MACAR – The goal of this workshop is to understand the specific needs of children diagnosed with Learning Differences and provide specific strategies to the registrant for matching the Montessori educational method to those needs.
· An Overview of Learning Differences at All Ages
· Understanding The Child Who Is At-Risk for Learning Differences
· Applications of the Montessori Method And Techniques
· Practical Life, Sensorial, and Mathematics for the At-Risk Child
· Oral and Written Language Program
· Social Skills Development
Amy Kelton is an Assistant Head of Instruction for the Lower and Upper Elementary programs at June Shelton School and Evaluation Center in Dallas, Texas. She is certified in Sequential English Education and the Association Method programs for the remediation of written language disorders, as well as advanced levels of Montessori Applied to Children at Risk. Amy holds a M.Ed. in Educational Leadership and is Montessori-credentialed (E1) MACTE.
Registration: Click here to register