Annual Finance Seminar
Hosted by Colorado League of Charter Schools
Date: Friday, September 11
Time: Registration and breakfast from 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM. Seminar from 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Location: Summit Conference and Event Center 411 Sable Blvd., Aurora, CO 80011
Cost: $35 per person. $75 for vendors to attend. Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Description: Held in the fall of each year, this training is designed to give business managers, school leaders and board members an opportunity to get up to date with changes in policy or innovations in the field of operations and finance management (required for all CCSP Grant recipients). District staff working with charter schools authorization and support may also benefit from this unique insight into the charter context.
Some of the topics that will be covered include:
• Crafting a Crisis Communications Plan Before You Need It
• Establishing Solid HR Practices
• Financial Decision-Making for Administrators
• Grant Budgeting
• Grants Annual Fiscal Reporting
• Health and Wellness: Strategies that Pay Off for Schools
• HR: Crafting High Value Benefit Packages on a Tight Budget
• PERA 101
• Priority Based Budgeting: How Well Does Your Budget Reflect Your Mission
• Reading Financials: What Key Indicators Should You Know and Understand
• Risk Management: Know What You Don't Know Yet
• Strategic Tech Spending: Implementing Technology to Achieve Your Mission
Click here for detailed agenda
Friday, September 4 Extended! Wednesday, September 9
Sponsorships and Vendor Opportunities: Please click here for more information.