8 Critical Strategies for Compliant Special Education Programming
Hosted by Colorado League of Charter Schools
Date: Friday, July 31
Time: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Location: Colorado League of Charter Schools' Training Center, 4201 E. Yale Avenue, Denver
Click here for driving directions and parking information
Cost: League members - $175 for one person | $100 for each additional attendee
Non-Members: $225 for one person | $100 for each additional attendee
Audience: School Leaders, Teachers, Instructional Staff, SPED Coordinators, etc.
Description: School leaders (principals, executive directors, etc.) are ultimately responsible for the operation and compliance of special education programming in their schools. Therefore, it is essential that school leaders, in addition to special education teachers/coordinators, understand the IDEA requirements for special education services and make sure their school is in compliance with these requirements. This workshop is designed to equip school leaders with 8 critical strategies for managing Special Education compliance, and is presented by education consultant Sabrina Hodges. Sabrina Hodges, a special education teacher and school social worker, has 14 years of experience in Denver charter schools including a highly successful 5 year tenure at STRIVE Preparatory Charter Schools. As the Central Director of Student Services at STRIVE Prep, Ms. Hodges led the network’s highly successful continuum of Special Education, MTSS, and Social Emotional Learning services.
- School Leaders will understand Special Education’s relationship to a school’s broader Multi-Tiered Levels of Support (MTSS)
- Principals will understand 8 critical components to ensuring compliance
- Offer the continuum of services set forth by your LEA.
- Protecting FAPE
- Safeguard Discipline
- Enable Data-Driven Decision Making
- Ensure Parental Rights and Involvement
- Compliance with Procedural Rules
- Safeguard Provisions for English Language Learners
- Document, Document, Document
Deadline to register: Monday, July 27.
Note: Event is contingent on a minimum of 10 attendees.