Charter School Health and Wellness Regional Forum - Grand Junction
Hosted by the Colorado League of Charter Schools
Date: Tuesday, September 23Time: 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM
Location: Bray Real Estate (Education Center), 1015 North 7th
St, Grand Junction, CO 81501
Audiences: Charter school leaders, board members, wellness coordinators, wellness champions, PE/Health teachers, wellness committee members, etc.
Registration: RSVP to Lindsey Friedman at email@example.com. Please let her know which meeting you plan to attend and how many people you will be bringing with you.
What does a healthy school look like to you and how can the League help you get there? In an effort to take inventory of the current needs and assets related to the health of charter schools statewide, as well as to inform charter schools about the many resources available to them, the Colorado League of Charter Schools is hosting several regional school health forums. We are continually learning more about how to become a healthier and more effective learning environment by improving in the areas of nutrition, physical education and movement, and behavioral/general health supports and prevention. At the forums, school leaders and staff will hear about:
- Promising practices implemented by charter schools
- State, local, and community resources, providers, and partners that are currently working with or interested in working with charter schools
- The latest information and resources that the League has found and created for charter schools to help them build healthier schools
- Effective and practical strategies that schools can use to improve the health and well-being of their students, staff, and families
- The ways in which learning is optimized by providing students with the opportunities to make healthy choices throughout the school day
In addition, there will be an opportunity to learn from each other as well as to voice your school’s immediate health needs and goals.